Business Development Manager
Acmena is offering an exciting opportunity for a passionate Business Development Manager to be part of a transformational change within a national engineering services provider. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and supportive management team and have the ability to lead and shape business development.
Offering a range of systems engineering, systems and safety assurance, human factors, and management services, Acmena specialise in helping clients develop fully integrated, human-centred systems in regulated industries and safety-critical applications.
Acmena has offices in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne with a staff of over 30 specialists engaged in major infrastructure and technology projects across the country.
Built on the shared values of integrity, collaboration, and engineering excellence, Acmena’s talented, multi-discipline team has established a strong reputation for delivering pragmatic, cost-effective services tailored to the needs of clients and end-users.
We support clients in a wide variety of industries, ranging from multi-national construction and infrastructure contractors and government agencies, to rail operators and local start-up technology companies.
As a newly formed national leadership role within Acmena, the Business Development Manager will work at all levels within the company to lead and manage business development activities. The Business Development Manager will leverage Acmena’s existing knowledge base while engendering a culture of trust and collaboration both internally and among our partners and clients. They will be capable of developing strong client relationships and directing marketing and sales activities in line with the company’s strategic plan. They will also be responsible for identifying and developing new client relationships, and to develop and pursue short, medium, and long-term opportunities.
- Develop marketing and sales strategies and plans, informed by an in-depth understanding of current and target markets.
- Identify key medium to long-term opportunities in line with the company’s objectives including both current and target markets.
- Implement marketing and sales plans, including development and management of budgets.
- Actively engage staff at all levels for input to marketing and sales activities.
- Actively follow up leads and prospects, fostering relationships with clients from initial introduction, through to winning work.
- Ensure proposals and tenders for clients are delivered in a timely fashion with the appropriate quality and in accordance with company processes.
- Travel as needed within Australia.
- Line manage marketing and communications staff.
- Organise marketing events and deliver marketing material as per agreed plan and budget, including ongoing maintenance of capability statements, CVs and website.
- Report monthly to the Board of Directors on marketing and sales activities.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales and marketing plans and strategies for professional and consulting services, including budgets.
- Capable of developing a deep understanding of the key disciplines and services that Acmena offers.
- Capable of developing a deep understanding of current and target markets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a good rapport and trust with clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit client needs and requirements.
- Advanced written and presentation skills, for a range of audiences such as technical, executives and procurement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and priorities.
- Ability to report at all levels within the organisation.
- Competitive salary plus super, aligned to skills and experience.
- A generous leave policy.
- A diverse, supportive, and collaborative team environment.
- Continual professional development and opportunities.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee access to the Diversity Council Australia.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers.
Business Development Manager
Brisbane | Sydney | Melbourne