International Engineering Safety Management (iESM)
iESM: Safety Assurance Training for Rail Professionals
Learn to develop, assure and deliver safer rail systems more effectively with the internationally accredited iESM Handbook course.
Supported by ONRSR (Office of National Rail Safety Regulator) and major Australian and international rail operators as a guideline to safety management in the development of major rail projects, the iESM Handbook course offers an intensive introduction to key safety principles, processes and methods in addition to the latest tools and international standards.
Participants receive practical guidance on utilising a structured and systematic approach to managing safety activities throughout the entire project lifecycle, including:
- Determining safety objectives and planning safety activities.
- Identifying hazards and applying international standards.
- Evaluating risk and managing safety responsibilities.
The Handbook course utilises exercises based on real-world case studies to provide an in-depth understanding of the key processes of developing rail applications in accordance with international safety standards.
In addition, participants receive structured guidance on developing and delivering successful safety cases for complex rail projects and effectively managing regulator safety criteria.
What are the Benefits?
By learning to apply iESM’s easy-to-use processes for integrating safety assurance practices in to complex rail projects from the ground up, rail professionals can develop systems more efficiently and effectively, which results in:
- Reduced risk of delays and budget over-runs caused by unforeseen safety factors.
- Improved incident prevention.
- Faster, more assured acceptance of new technologies and novel applications.
- Better preparedness to manage the increasing complexity of rail projects and regulator safety requirements.
- All participants will be registered as iESM Practitioners on successful completion of an exam.
Who is it for?
The iESM Handbook course has been specifically developed for all rail design, engineering, assurance and management professionals to bridge the knowledge gap between safety experts and other rail engineering disciplines.
Acmena has successfully delivered 20 iESM courses to organisations across Australia over the past three years, with an average satisfaction rating of 5.2/6.
Course Details & Options
Course duration: 1 day (8 hour) and 2 day (16 hour) courses available
Delivery options: Public and private courses
Previous iESM Training Clients
Proudly delivered in conjunction with Technical Programme Delivery Ltd