Consultant - Systems Engineering
- Play a key role in exciting rail, transportation & other engineering projects
- Friendly, dynamic engineering and management service provider
- Attractive remuneration package, employee assistance program, regular staff events and meaningful opportunities for career growth
Combining a range of systems engineering, systems and safety assurance, human factors, and management services, Acmena offers a uniquely integrated approach. As an ethically driven company, we focus on the projects that matter, those that bring benefit to their local communities.
Specialising in highly regulated industries, we help our clients to develop fully integrated, human-centred systems that are safe, reliable, and fit for purpose.
Acmena has offices in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne with a staff of over 30 specialists. Spanning a variety of industries, our team is engaged on major infrastructure and technology projects across the country, including the Digital Systems Program, Cross River Rail and Sydney Metro.
Our talented, multi-discipline team has been built on the shared values of integrity, collaboration, and engineering excellence. Through the strength of our team, we have become one of the most trusted service providers in Australia with a reputation for delivering pragmatic, cost-effective support tailored to the needs of the client and end user.
At Acmena, we understand that people are at the core of our capability and success. As an equal-opportunities employer, we believe that diversity and inclusion not only drive innovation but are vital to our ability to offer a unique combination of expertise and experience to our clients.
This is why are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers, as we seek to expand our portfolio and explore exciting new opportunities across a range of different industries.
About the role
Acmena is seeking systems engineering consultants who have a passion for making a difference, who are flexible, client-focused and committed to developing themselves and others.
Reporting to the New South Wales State Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient delivery of high-quality systems engineering services to clients. You will also be a member of Acmena’s Systems Engineering community and actively participate in the Centre of Excellence.
You will typically work as part of a team reporting to a senior or principal consultant, while exercising a degree of independence. When required, you will also work independently to achieve defined outcomes.
You will help to develop and grow the business in all areas by assisting with tender and sales activities. Where possible you will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for new or follow-on work, in addition to following up leads in areas of expertise within Acmena in and outside your own field and fostering good relationships with existing and potential clients.
As Systems Engineering Consultant, your accountabilities include:
- Developing yourself and supporting others.
- Documenting user, business, system and design requirements, options analysis and decisions made in progressing to recommended solutions.
- Supporting the development of systems engineering management plans and reports.
- Requirements elicitation and development.
- Requirements management using tools such as DOORS Next, including managing traceability and change control management.
- Architecture development using tools such as MagicDraw.
- Interface identification and management.
- Verification and validation activities.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree in electrical/electro-mechanical engineering, electronics, communication, or similar technical disciplines.
- Able to think conceptually, making complex ideas or situations clear, simple, and/or understandable. You will also possess the ability to assemble ideas, issues, and observations into a clear and useful explanation.
- Capable of systems thinking, tries to understand all implications of any advice given and takes the broadest view of a system and the inter-relationships between its parts.
- Can apply practical methods to solve a problem, whose effectiveness is grounded in sound theory and, wherever possible, backed by evidence.
- Able to write clear, concise documentation using plain language.
- Able to deliver well-structured and concise presentations.
- Proficient in the use of standard office software.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes and standards, such as the INCOSE handbook, IEC 15288.
Consultant - Systems Engineering