Senior Consultant - Systems Engineering
- Play a key role in exciting rail, transportation & other engineering projects
- Friendly, dynamic engineering and management service provider
- Attractive remuneration package, employee assistance program, regular staff events and meaningful opportunities for career growth
Combining a range of systems engineering, systems and safety assurance, human factors, and management services, Acmena offers a uniquely integrated approach. As an ethically driven company, we focus on the projects that matter, those that bring benefit to their local communities.
Specialising in highly regulated industries, we help our clients to develop fully integrated, human-centred systems that are safe, reliable, and fit for purpose.
Acmena has offices in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne with a staff of over 30 specialists. Spanning a variety of industries, our team is engaged on major infrastructure and technology projects across the country, including the Digital Systems Program, Cross River Rail and Sydney Metro.
Our talented, multi-discipline team has been built on the shared values of integrity, collaboration, and engineering excellence. Through the strength of our team, we have become one of the most trusted service providers in Australia with a reputation for delivering pragmatic, cost-effective support tailored to the needs of the client and end user.
At Acmena, we understand that people are at the core of our capability and success. As an equal-opportunities employer, we believe that diversity and inclusion not only drive innovation but are vital to our ability to offer a unique combination of expertise and experience to our clients.
This is why are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers, as we seek to expand our portfolio and explore exciting new opportunities across a range of different industries.
About the role
Acmena is seeking Senior Systems Engineering Consultants who have a passion for making a difference, who are flexible, client-focused and committed to developing themselves and others.
Reporting to the Queensland State Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient delivery of high-quality systems engineering services to clients. You will also be a member of Acmena’s Systems Engineering community and actively participate in the Centre of Excellence. Your contribution will help upskilling and disrupting the industry.
As a senior consultant you will be experienced in systems engineering practices applied to complex, safety-critical, socio-technical systems, with a preferred background in rail, defence, aerospace or medical industry and proven application of Model Based Systems Engineering. You will have demonstrated experience in one or more core systems engineering competency areas.
You will be responsible for the efficient planning and delivery of high-quality systems engineering services to clients. We count on your problem-solving skills, drive for innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to provide our clients with the best outcome.
Your work products will be accurate and authoritative, requiring no supervision to achieve successful outcomes for our clients. Your advice and actions are expected to expedite successful achievements in your areas of expertise.
You will also help develop and grow the business in all areas by assisting with tender and sales activities and fostering good relationships with existing and potential clients.
As a Senior Systems Engineering Consultant, your accountabilities include:
- Tendering, planning, and delivering projects.
- Leading small teams of consultants.
- Developing yourself and supporting others.
- Documenting user, business, system and design requirements, options analysis and decisions made in progressing to recommended solutions.
- Development of systems engineering management plans and reports.
- Requirements elicitation and development.
- Requirements management using tools such as DOORS Next, including managing traceability.
- Architecture development using Model Based Systems Engineering supported by tools such as MagicDraw.
- Interface identification and management.
- Verification and validation activities.
- Development of Configuration and Change Management processes.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s degree or professional certifications are an advantage.
- Seven or more years of systems engineering experience, with strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to foster long-term client relationships.
- Experience interpreting and applying relevant standards and best practices in engineering delivery projects (e.g., INCOSE handbook, CENELEC 50126, IEC 15288.
- Experience leading or guiding multiple/large project teams on system scope and technical processes.
- Five years’ experience in the use of DOORS/DOORS Next or other requirements management tools.
- Five years’ experience in the rail industry or other highly regulated industry.
- Advanced communication skills, including technical writing and non-technical presentations.
- Working experience across the full systems engineering lifecycle, from requirements definition through to commissioning of safety critical and high reliability systems.
- Well-developed analytical and judgement skills for solving complex problems and effective optioneering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change control management tools and processes.
- Commercial experience in business development activities and articulating the value of systems engineering for our clients.
Senior Consultant - Systems Engineering
Brisbane | Melbourne